If you’re stuck in a rut, chances are, you’re not the only one. The “Time to Roam” app offers inspiration for a family adventure that takes just 15 minutes and can provide some quality bonding time for you and your family.
The app offers daily inspiration and suggestions for impromptu fun. The app’s creator, Anne Armstrong of My Gnome on the Roam, explains that simple changes such as taking a new route home on Wanderlust Wednesday can provide some irreplaceable memories for young children. It was what she wanted for her own son, and it’s why she created the app.
- A daily invitation and prompt to explore, create, contribute and connect
- Make It Monday, Tell Me Tuesday, Wanderlust Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, Freaky Friday, Saturday Dazzle Day, Soul Food Sunday
- Tools and inspiration to create genuine moments of family engagement
- Crafts, recipes, in-person games, conversation starters, neighborhood adventures, random acts of kindness
- In-app journal to take notes and save ideas
According to Armstrong, the benefits of creating quick family memories include building new neural brain pathways (for children and adults), strengthening creativity and a sense of adventure, deepening family connections, and even building self-esteem.
The App is free to download and available on all mobile devices through Apple App Store, and Google Play.